Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Piano Top Decor

Hi everyone! I'm gradually transitioning my piano top for fall. So far I've just added a floral arrangement, candles and some pine cones. The family pics I like to keep all year long. This is what it looks like for now as I know I'll probably be changing it again. LOL
I turned the glasses with the gold leaves into candle holders. They use to be my grandmother's but sadly I only have two. So I bought two additional glasses at the dollar store turned them upside down and glued my grandmother's glasses on top. Tada! Instant candle holders!
The rocking horse was a gift from my mom when I was nine years old. It use to be really shiny but it has lost its shine. I like it like this more, it has more character. Don't you think?
I've also stacked some books. These were another gift from my mom. They are from Britannica and I have 57 to be exact.
Well that's all for today. Thanks for stopping by and thank you for all your lovely comments! Linking to: Between Naps on the Porch A Stroll Thru Life Savvy Southern Style Ivy and Elephants Kristen's Creations Imparting Grace At The Picket Fence My Romantic Home French Country Cottage

7 comments:

  1. Lovely vignette on your table. Cute pics of the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So creative to create the candle holders from the glasses! Lovely collection of family photos to recall favorite memories.

    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely vignette, Lucia! New follower and visiting from Kristen's Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so pretty. I love that you use a ton of family photos in pretty frames. I do the same and I think it is fabulous to see my loved ones. Gorgeous vignette. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your piano and all the beautiful things you have in it displayed! I too love family photos all gathered together and your grandma's glasses, turned into beautiful candle holders..I love them! Thanks for sharing and for your lovely and kind comments, I loved your visit. I'm going to follow you, hope you like to do the same.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your piano and all the beautiful things you have in it displayed! I too love family photos all gathered together and your grandma's glasses, turned into beautiful candle holders..I love them! Thanks for sharing and for your lovely and kind comments, I loved your visit. I'm going to follow you, hope you like to do the same.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lucia! I just saw that you are a new follower, so thank you very much! I am also now following your blog! I love how you have decorated your piano top. I especially like that you've used your grandmother's glasses as candle holders. Very clever of you to glue them to some vases to give them more height & impact.

    Hope you are having a great week!
    CAS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all so much for all your lovely comments. I enjoy reading them all. You make my day and reading them makes me happy. :)

Lucia